Will future expresses a spontaneous decision, an assumption with regard to the future or an action in the future that cannot be influenced.
Form of will Future
|no differences||I will speak.||I will not speak.||Will I speak?|
Use of will Future
- a spontaneous decisionexample: Wait, I will help you.
- an opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the futureexample: He will probably come back tomorrow.
- a promiseexample: I will not watch TV tonight.
- an action in the future that cannot be influencedexample: It will rain tomorrow.
- conditional clauses type Iexample: If I arrive late, I will call you.
- in a year, next …, tomorrow
- Vermutung: I think, probably, perhaps
Future: “Going to”
Going to future expresses a conclusion regarding the immediate future or an action in the near future that has already been planned or prepared.
Form of going to Future
|I||I am going to speak.||I am not going to speak.||Am I going to speak?|
|you / we / they||You are going to speak.||You are not going to speak.||Are you going to speak?|
|he / she / it||He is going to speak.||He is not going to speak.||Is he going to speak?|
Use of going to Future
- an action in the near future that has already been planned or preparedexample: I am going to study harder next year.
- a conclusion regarding the immediate futureexample: The sky is absolutely dark. It is going to rain.
- in one year, next week, tomorrow